Thursday, February 2, 2012

2Chainz departs DTP links up with Kanye West



Tity Boi aka 2Chainz says that he has left Ludacris’ DTP label and is with Def Jam.
2chainz says:

“It’s the Real University, Two Gun Gang, Street Executives. It’s not DTP no more. I’m actually behind Ludacris, he’s still my homie. I just took another route as far as running my own company and bossing up. But on the other hand, I’m still working with him. He has an album coming out this year, as well. Matter of fact, we are label mates, now, which is crazy. So, yeah, that’ll be cool. I’m looking forward to that.”

2Chainz continues, saying he hopes to release 2 albums in a year’s time and no more mixtapes:

“I got plenty of songs and plenty of concepts and I don’t plan on putting out any more mixtapes for now so I need another venue to put out music."

2Chainz being with Def Jam means he is now labelmates with Kanye West and he told MTV

 "One thing that people may not know is that I've been working with Kanye West for the past year,"

He continues,

"We have records together, we have ideas that we're planning on releasing to the world real soon. I'm tryna get my 'N in Paris' swag up."

His solo debut (tentatively titled T.R.U. 2) will definitely benefit from the teachings of Yeezy.  2Chainz goes on to say:

"For the most part, when we started building our relationship, we found out we had more things in common than different from a musical standpoint," he said. "It's no secret that I came from the hustle background, from that trap, and it's no secret that he's maybe more of a hipster swag, backpack kinda guy. So I think it'll be interesting when you just drop that in the pot, in the blender, and see the outcome and results of some of that."

2Chainz has been in high demand for a while now working with almost everybody who’s anybody including Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Future,  Wale, T.I., Big Sean and more.

"I been fortunate enough to work everybody in the game, some of the best talent in the game from Luda to Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane, everybody in Atlanta, T.I., Jeezy," he said. "I think this was just another angle that I could appreciate, that I can maybe learn from."

2 Chainz approaches Kanye with the outlook that they can learn from each other and not a “master and sensei” type of thing.

"I'm one of those people that feel like you're never too old to learn new things and even bruh, he still can learn new things from the avenue and path that I come from," 2 Chainz said. "It'll be cool, we gonna shake up hip-hop a little bit, shake up rap a little bit. You see what I did on my own."

No comments: